- Parents: About 3 weeks prior to the flight you will be invited to an Information Session to see a presentation about how your child’s day will go, what they should bring, and what to expect! The “Information Session” is a good chance to ask questions, but if you have questions in advance you can also ask your contact person.
- You will be given an appointment time for your child’s registration.
- If you live in Montreal (or close to the city) you will meet your team leader and possibly other kids going on the flight at registration 10 days before flight day.
- Registration includes taking a photo and fingerprints of your child (for identification purposes only). They will also be sized for the clothing that they will be given on the day of the flight.
- For out of town children: Registration will be arranged at a time and place which will be communicated to you.
What to Bring
- If your child takes medication, please come with a 2 or 3 day supply.
- If your child requires very specific food for the flight please bring some along.
- Adults coming on the flight must have a valid passport.
- All children will receive clothing for the day. The Team Leader will provide fanny packs, water bottles, and sunscreen. You are able to leave a backpack on the plane for the day with the warmer clothing provided for the return flight.
- All adults should come dressed in their escort shirt and capris, pants or shorts; preferably black.
What NOT to Bring
- Extra money. Everything that is required will be provided for your child at no expense to you or them.
- Jewelry, toys, cell phones, electronics, etc. Dreams Take Flight cannot be responsible for any lost or stolen items. Plus… they will be entertained all day!
Arrival & Parking
- It is important that you are at the Air Canada Base (Wide-body Hangar) on time (04:00 am), because there are many things that have to be done before we leave for Disney World in Orlando.
- If you are accompanying a child on the flight or dropping a child off at the airport, please park in area provided. Parking volunteers will guide you to the proper area.
- Accommodations in Dorval are provided for children from designated cities outside the greater Montreal area only such as Quebec City, Bagotville, etc.) – Please speak with your Dreams contact for more information.
- The flight will depart and return to the same area: Wide-body Hangar at the Air Canada Base on Cote-Vertu.
- Free parking is available.
Schedule at the Air Canada Base (Wide-body Hangar):
- Upon arrival at hangar, please check-in at your team’s table. Team tables are identified by their number which you will have received at registration.
- If you have medication please give it to your team leader.
- The medical team will be there to ensure that all children are medically fit for the flight. Any children not able to make the flight due to sickness will be given priority on the next year’s flight.
At Disney World
- Children will be in teams of 6 to 8 with and Dreams Take Flight team leader and additional escorts. Each team will go through the Magic Kingdom at their own pace. Food, drinks, and lots of water will be provided. Each child will select a souvenir from Disney World. Please do not send money with your child.
- Your team will stay together at all times during the day. There will be a team leader and other adult escorts – depending on the needs of the team. They will have enough time to go on several rides and get many character autographs. Think ahead about what your most favorite things to do at Disney World will be as your team leader will want to know – and therefore plan a day for all to enjoy.
- Your team will meet on Main Street at the end of the day to begin departure from Disney World.
- Team leaders will have cameras and there will also be photographers at Disney World to take team and “action” photos. Your team leader will create a photo album for your memories.
Back in Montreal
- Parents can call Air Canada, 1-888-247-2262, for live flight arrival time (AC7002) or www.aircanada.ca. The flight will return to the same location as where it departed: the Air Canada Base (Wide-body Hangar) on Cote-Vertu.
- This is a No Smoking Day – absolutely no tobacco products allowed all day!
(Times are general and may be subject to change)
|4:00 am||Check-in of children, volunteers and media on the flight the Air Canada Wide-body Hangar in Dorval.All children will be dresses in the clothing donated for the trip: cap, t-shirt, shorts, sweat pants*, sweat shirt*, wind breaker*, running shoes.* We leave in November so the weather is cold for our departure and arrival.|
|5:00 am||Teams with all children present will start to board the flight. Everyone must with their team.Each child will receive a fanny pack with a pen and autograph book.Once all of the children, volunteers, media & special guests are on board and seated the plane departs.|
|6:00 am||Flight departure|
|9:30 am||Arrive in MCO (Orlando)
Teams will deplane together from the forward and aft doors. The teams, including the flight crew, set up for the entire team picture outside the plane.
|10:00 am||Teams board buses and leave for Disney World.|
|10:45 am||Arrive at Disney World
Entrance tickets are distributed and teams are off for their first ride!The children will visit Disney World in teams (teams) of six to eight children and three to eight adult chaperones. Each team will go through Magic Kingdom at their own pace. Food, drinks and lots of water will be provided. Each child will select a souvenir from Disney World.
|The teams will have the opportunity to take in the attractions, the rides including, if they wish, individual pictures taken with a Disney character at Toontown.Teams will break for lunch and stop for snacks/water when required.|
|2:45 pm||Teams interested will prepare to make their way to Main Street for the parade.|
|3:00 pm||Disney Parade on Main Street.|
|5:15 pm||Time for the children to shop.Children’s spending allowance is $50 US. Canada Customs does not permit the volunteers to bring back items purchased.|
|7:00 pm||Each team prepares to meet on Main Street to begin departures from Disney World. Team assembly and head count on Main Street. Teams re-board on the bus that they originally came in.|
|8:00 pm||Buses leave Disney World|
|9:00 pm||Buses arrive at the airport in MCO|
|9:30 pm||Flight departure for Montreal
The children are given sweat pants, hoodie to wear home. They are buckled into their seats and their treasures stowed away. Dinner is served on the flight home.
|12:30 am||Arrival in Montreal
When the teams get back into the terminal meeting area where their families are waiting for them.